• Houston: 1526 Heights Boulevard Houston, TX 77008
  • Katy Office: 5818 4th Street, Katy TX 77493
  • Call Us Now: (713) 861 7777

Let Our Experience be Your Guide.

We Are Committed to Get You Results

Make an Appoinment

Law Office of Allison Jones,
Attorney with your Best Interest at Heart

Family Law practice with over 40 years of legal experience relating to divorce, child custody, child support, and property division. I have devoted my legal practice to helping families understand and navigate through stressful legal matters. I represent clients in Harris County, Ft. Bend County, Waller County, Montgomery County, Galveston County and surrounding counties. My office is with you every step of the legal process and will assist you in moving on to the next chapter of your life. We have the staff and support you need to get through this difficult process.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us for your initial consultation at (713) 861-7777 or email us today.

Allison Jones specializes in divorce cases utilizing settlement conferences, mediation and traditional divorce to end marriages as amicably as possible. We understand that coming to the decision to leave your spouse may not have been easy. Part of the delay may have been the dread you felt about going through the divorce process…


Law Office Of Allison Jones

Allison Jones wrote the book on “How to Survive a Divorce”. Please contact our office to request a PDF version or look for it on Amazon.com


Divorce Process

We can guide you through the divorce process and help you find a way to make this experience one that changes your life for the better


Child Custody

 Nothing in life is more precious than one’s own child. We will work with you to obtain the best outcome for your child.


Request a Confidential



Law Office of Allison Jones FAQs

Once we file for divorce, how long do we have to wait to actually get divorced?

There is a statutory waiting period of 60 days, so you have to wait at least 60 days from the date that you filed to actually get divorced. The actual time frame will depend on the specific circumstances of the case. It could take a year or longer.

Does my spouse have to agree to the divorce?

No. Only one of the spouses has to request the divorce.  If the other spouse does not agree to it the Court can grant the divorce over their objection.

Can I receive temporary spousal or child support?

Yes, the Court has  discretion on ordering temporary support payments while a case  is pending.

Once the divorce is finalized, can I resume use of my former/maiden name?

Yes, there is a  shortcut to changing your name in a divorce and it is very simple to do.